BDD Victims United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Body Image, is a forum for people who are suffering from BDD, an eating disorder, or any other body image issues. We all wish to work together to improve how we feel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi I'm new here.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Funkette

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:51 am

I've been suffering with BDD since I was in 6th grade. It has slowly gotten worse as time has gone on.
I never knew what I felt had a name until ever so recently.
My social life has gone down the drain.
When I'm around new people (if I even meet anyone new)
I get nervous and anxious. I only answer questions they ask me because I am too busy worrying about what I look like to them.

People say I'm fine all the time.

But I'm not.
I'm chunky, my eyes are too close together, I hate my face, and my skin.

After 2 years ago, that's when my social life kinda dropped. I began staying inside more often not leaving my house for days at a time. I only feel "remotely" comfortable around 5 select people; Mom, Dad, Brother, my 2 bestfriends.

I tried telling my mom about all this.. but she just kinda laughed at me and told me to get over it.
hah

What parents aye?

Anyways, this is who I am.
I'm 18. I live in Florida. I suffer from BDD.
Back to top Go down
fetuccini

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 am

I feel funny around people that are close to me to. My theripist always, said...but those are the people that love you, tthey won't judge. I can't help it I fear what everyone will think.

Did you tell your mom about the disoder?

Many of us have no social life, thats why its important to work on recovery and have support from you family.
Back to top Go down
Funkette

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:20 pm

fetuccini wrote:
I feel funny around people that are close to me to. My theripist always, said...but those are the people that love you, tthey won't judge. I can't help it I fear what everyone will think.

Did you tell your mom about the disoder?

Many of us have no social life, thats why its important to work on recovery and have support from you family.

Yeah. I have a few people I feel remotely comfortable around. Not many though. Like 2-3 people. But even than, that 1 thought is always consistent in my mind ya know?

And yeah I told my mom. She just told me to get over it. HAH!

Like I said before, what parents aye?
Back to top Go down
SoGyPsY

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Its sad, how allot of people dont understand BDD, sometimes even our own family Sad And Welcome Funkette!
Back to top Go down
SupersonicUK

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:06 pm

I wouldn't feel comfortable around anyone in some light, i like to be with only a couple of people, so i can control where i sit, what angle they see of me, if the family crowds in or if Im exposed from all angles i get incredibly anxious, worried. I have a birthmark, fairly small, on the underside of my chin, i am extremely conscious of it.

But yeah, about parents. My parents have there own issues, they got divorced, my dad blames my mum for sending the kids 'twisted' , my mum was the first person i told, but she still has no toleration for my needs, i have the Ocd symptoms that come with bdd, face washing, apply concealer etc, i mean im a 20 year old, who loves football...etc..doesn't fit does it!!

My mum understood, for about a day, and then it was gone, it disappoints me, the lack of interest they have, as i've fell apart, mainly i should say, due to the abusive house i grew up in. But i certainly, certainly do not feel sorry for myself. One chance at life, and it kills me to think im spending half of it anxious, mirror checking, because man...i want to live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm new here.   Hi I'm new here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm new here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BDD Victims United :: BDD Victims United-
Jump to: