BDD Victims United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Body Image, is a forum for people who are suffering from BDD, an eating disorder, or any other body image issues. We all wish to work together to improve how we feel

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

job interview is nerve wrecking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whyme

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-01

job interview is nerve wrecking Empty
PostSubject: job interview is nerve wrecking   job interview is nerve wrecking Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm

i have a job interview in 4 days and im afraid of blowing it by getting nervous and I have trouble looking in the mirror to. So how do I know it my hair and makeup looks ok when I can't even look in the mirror. Don't tell me to look in the mirror because I know that will cause me to have an attack and cancel the interview. i always think to much because i feel under pressure. I know Im going to look like shit, and once again a more beautiful person will get the job. It happens to me all the time. In group interviews I can actuelly feel it. The more gorgeaus girl, particullary if its a male manager get a better chance of getting hired. Life is so unfair. Even the best makeover in the world could not fix my looks. I despise beautiful people. They will hate me! I have allot of expirence from the past when I was not near as ugly as now, but I think my career is coming to a hault, the less beautiful I become.
Back to top Go down
TheLoveBug

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: job interview is nerve wrecking   job interview is nerve wrecking Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 pm

job interviews always sucked for me. Once I went to one, and I had a panic attack over my face and had to get up and walk out
Back to top Go down
2ugly

Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: job interview is nerve wrecking   job interview is nerve wrecking Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 am

First, stay focused on yourself, and before the interview, just try to get some info's about the company you will work for or by trying to get some details on some tasks and works you are about to do when you get hired. Some people interviews loves it when they see on the person they are interviewing is knowledgeable and smart enough for the job.And show some confidence while you were speaking to them (even though you have little confidence, strive to pretend you do)P

leasing appearance and the way you dress sometimes help or the way you talk to them, show them some respect and formality by greeting them and shaking their hands so that they will know that you are formal. Pick out an outfit that is sutible for an interview and yuou love! As far as look in the mirror you don't have to just clean up as always, an d try to put your self together nicely

last but not the least, don't show them that you are nervous and freaking out because when you are nervous, you cant really focus for your answer and your mind will go blank. Also,dont forget to thank them and show them that you are willing to work for the company..

tell them all your positive side and never mentioned your weakness!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whyme

Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: job interview is nerve wrecking   job interview is nerve wrecking Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 am

Great advice 2ugly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: job interview is nerve wrecking   job interview is nerve wrecking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

job interview is nerve wrecking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BDD Victims United :: BDD Victims United-
Jump to: